Monday, October 22, 2007

Muscle Maintenance

So, I made it through the first week of rehearsals! I managed to get sick the second day of rehearsals, which definitely put a damper on my first week. I'm not the toughest person when I'm sick. I'm finally feeling better, just struggling with a nasty cough, but getting better. Last Wednesday we had our orientation with the rest of our cast where we learned about our benefits, had some media training for the many interviews and promotions we will be doing in Nashville, and had some fun sexual harassment training and what not. Then we had three more days of dancing where we learned a 7 minute long tap dance. It is craziness. Yesterday we had the day off, and I spent the whole day in bed after going to a non-denominational church in the morning (stake conference this week down here). Doing everything I can to take care of myself and remain healthy and strong. Today we are back at rehearsals for our first week of six straight days of dancing. One of the things we do every day after rehearsal to take care of our muscles is to take ice baths. The budget only provides for two tubs for about 72 girls, so we have to share. We ice anything from our hands (the Rockette style makes EVERYTHING sore) to our entire bodies. These tubs are between 40 and 50 degrees fahrenheit, and we stay in for about 10 minutes. It isn't very fun, but it really does keep the lactic acid at bay so that we don't get as sore. And since it helps to talk through it, it's a good bonding experience for us! Here 's Danielle, me, and Keltie midsoak today .

1 comment:

virginiaoak said...

You are such a babe!!! Thanks for the idea on the ice bath...now I know what the next addition to my gym will be. My clients will love that. ;)