Monday, November 26, 2007

Truly Thankful

So the best part of my Thanksgiving day this year wasn't the delicious lunch I had courtesy of Ellendale's restaurant in Nashville, nor was it performing that evening with the Radio City Rockettes, it was immediately following that performance when I came home to find my fiance waiting for me at home. I knew that he would be there, it wasn't a surprise visit, but it had been 5 weeks since we had seen each other and that is entirely too long. I am so grateful that he traveled all day on Thanksgiving to be with me! It was the best thing ever. It was one of those moments that I kept trying to picture in my mind, wondering what it would be like to see each other again, playing out different scenarios in a dream like bubble. It couldn't have been better. I meant to take a picture of the entirely store-bought meal that we had at 11:00PM that night, but I guess in my excitement/hunger/tiredness I forgot. It was actually really delicious. I guess I bought things from all the right stores. I had a fantastic weekend with my Greg. The next morning I got to meet his brother Patrick and wife Jen (the only family members I hadn't met until then), and we had some fun trying to navigate the city. That night they came to the show with a couple of friends who were in town, and imagine how pleased I was when they seemed to like it. We snapped some photos afterward. The next day we went to the ICE! exhibit right next to the Opryhouse where they have an entire wonderland made of ice. This year it was celebrating the 50th anniversary of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas". It was pretty terrific, despite it only being 10 degrees inside. They did bundle us up in Smurfy parkas to keep us warm. Here we are going down the slide made entirely of ice! We were lucky enough to see one man overestimate the strength of the plastic handles that were embedded in the ice at the top of slide--he tried to push off of them from a standing position, and he took the handles to the bottom of the slide with him. So, we had to merge lines with the other slide and ride the bigger one. It was a pretty impressive display overall! Greg came to watch me dance again that evening, as did my friend Camron and her husband Adam, which was so much fun! They even sacrificed a chance to see Billy Ray Cyrus and Hannah Montana to come hang out with me and Greg and drive our non-rental-car-having butts around town. I laughed more this weekend than I have laughed in the last 5 weeks. I remembered how funny Greg really is! Sadly, the fun weekend had to come to an end this morning, but I will always be grateful fo this Thanksgiving weekend with friends and family.

No comments: